Downtown Ice in San Jose Rink Hours, Skating Prices, Parking and Hotels
When you visit Kristi Yamaguchi Downtown Ice in San Jose presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union and Alaska Airlines, you’ll find much more than an ice rink or an historic place for ice skating in downtown San Jose. You’ll also find the joy, goodwill and nostalgia that accompanies the festive holiday season.
To help you experience the beauty and warmth of the holidays, take a few minutes now to plan your visit to our magical ice rink. While you’re there, check out everything that downtown San Jose offers.
Kristi Yamaguchi Downtown Ice in San Jose presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union and Alaska Airlines is open from November 19 through January 9.
November 19 to December 17: 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
December 18 to January 2: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
January 3 to January 9: 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Each 60-minute session will start every 1.5 hours.
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- General Admission Including Skate Rental: $19
- Locker Rental: $5
- Skate Helper: $6
- Gloves: $5
- Socks: $5
- Water: $3
Private Parties: Available on select Mondays and Tuesdays during the 5:30pm & 7:00pm sessions. On or before 12/14/21: Rate for private party is $4750. Rates for private parties in January: $3750. Sessions are not open to the public if sold to a private party.
A quick note: Tickets must be purchased online, as there will be no on-site ticket sales, allowing the entire ticketing process to be touch-free.
A portion of ticket proceeds generously benefits the community through Kristi Yamaguchi’s Always Dream.
- Figure and hockey skate sizes range from toddler size 8 to adult’s size 15. You may also bring your own ice skates.
- For beginning skaters under 48 inches tall, we offer Skate Helpers: Penguin & Polar Bear Helpers that glide with the skater along the ice and help with balance and control. Skaters must be able to stand on their own and push the Helper by themselves. Others cannot push them.
- For safety considerations, Skate Helpers cannot be rented to anyone taller than 48".
- Lockers may be rented for $5.
- Portable restrooms will be available on site. Since skates may not be worn outside the ice rink, we recommend you use the facilities before putting on skates.
We remain open in light to moderate rain but may close in heavy and sustained rain at the discretion of Ice Rink management. In the event of rink closure due to weather, rain checks may be issued.
If a manager determines that the ice is un-skateable due to inclement weather or has suspended skating due to hazardous conditions (storms, lightning), rain checks may be issued upon request as follows.
RAIN CHECK POLICY:
- Rain checks expire 60 days from the date of issue and are only valid for the 2021-22 ice rink season
- Rain checks will be issued when the ice rink becomes un-skateable due to extreme weather or dangerous conditions such as lightning, high winds or standing water on the ice.
- Ice rink reserves the right to determine when these conditions warrant closing of the ice rink and whether or not rain checks are to be issued
- Rain checks cannot be replaced if lost or stolen
- Rain checks will be issued for admissions, lockers, and skate helpers only
- Rain Checks will only be issued because of inclement weather or emergencies requiring skater(s) to leave immediately.
As we continue to keep a close eye on the latest COVID-19 developments, we are working to ensure that Kristi Yamaguchi Downtown Ice in San Jose presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union and Alaska Airlines is safe and accessible for our guests. We will follow all county, city, state and CDC guidance and adjust our operations as needed. Please note, all attendees, 12 and older, to the ice rink in San Jose must provide proof of vaccination. Entry requirements do not apply to children younger than 12, who aren’t yet eligible to be vaccinated. You can download and read our entire COVID-19 Safety Protocol.
As with most activities in Northern California, the key to comfortable ice skating at Downtown Ice in San Jose is to wear layers; the temperature on the ice may range from chilly to warm, depending on the time of day, the number of skaters and the amount of energy one exerts. Mittens and hats always help. As does an ugly holiday sweater.
Located at 120 E. Market St., San Jose, the historic Circle of Palms Plaza is converted into an ice rink for this beloved holiday tradition, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this season. You can find us in downtown San Jose in front of the San Jose Museum of Art.
Directions from the Caltrain Station
The downtown ice rink is a 15–20 minute and 0.7 mile walk from the Diridon station. Exit the station, turn right, then left on San Fernando Street. The Circle of Palms ice rink is located in front of the San Jose Museum of Art at the corner of Market and San Fernando. There is also a free DASH shuttle. Exit at the Parkcenter stop.
Directions for Light Rail
Exit at the Santa Clara Street stop. Walk to San Fernando Street, then walk west, toward Market Street. The ice rink is located in front of the San Jose Museum of Art, which is located on the corner of Market and San Fernando.
Directions for Bus Travel
Call County Transit at 408.321.2300 for route and schedule information.
What about parking?
Parking is available at open pay lots and along neighboring streets. Visit ParkSJ.org for the latest list of places to park.
Hotels and other lodging are available throughout San Jose with several options right downtown near the ice rink. Here’s a short list:
When you get your fill of ice skating, check out these other seasonal, educational and artistic attractions near downtown San Jose.
- Broadway San Jose
- Children’s Discovery Museum
- Christmas in the Park
- San Jose Museum of Art
- San Pedro Square Market
- The Tech Interactive
- Winter Wonderland
Make Your Visit A Holiday Adventure
People travel here for Kristi Yamaguchi Downtown Ice in San Jose presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union and Alaska Airlines from all over the world. Transform your stay into a holiday adventure. First, skate on the historic Circle of Palms ice rink, then visit some of the best museums and art venues in the city. Finally, top it off with a stay in one of San Jose’s top hotels, and don’t forget to treat your tastebuds to the city’s best local restaurants.
Let’s make this holiday season one filled with memories and the holiday spirit, right in the heart of the city at Kristi Yamaguchi Downtown Ice in San Jose presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union and Alaska Airlines.